Fashion is a form of self expression and creativity. It is a visual manifestation of your ideas and individuality through dressing. Fashion has become an undeniable part of human life, cukture and identity thanks to the popular culture and growing consumerism. We have always looked upto celebrities like Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn, Elizabeth Taylor, Kate Moss, Emma Watson and others for their brilliant fashion persona. While fashion is definitely less about replicating the latest ephemeral trends and more about being comfortable and confident in your self and what you wear, here are a few helful tips that powerful women swear by.
1. The little black dress that attained the status of a major fashion statement all over the world after Audrey Hepburn worn the black Givenchy dress in Breakfast at Tiffany’s was originally created by Coco Chanel. Modern style icon, Victoria Beckham who is known for her impeccable fashion sense, has always been identified by her signature black dressesand has voiced her love for the colour on numerous occassions. Indeed, Black is that one colour that never goes out of style and can be matched with almost anything. It suits all skin tones and looks good on everyone as it flatters your body shape. Wearing black does not have to be basic. An LBD can prove to be the most elegant go-to dress for all events.
2. Fashion is always wrongly associated with high-end brands and desginer clothing. However, it really doesn’t matter how expensive your clothes are but how you style and carry them. Kate Middleton is one of Britain’s major fashion icons and infact the her style is so widespread and loved that she created the trend effect known as the “Duchess effect”. Time and again, she has worn certain outfits that are inexpensive enough for us to get our hands on proving that you that you can be fash
Kate middleton is a fashion icon. Kate Middletons beautiful and affordable style has proved that you can also look beautiful by wearing affordable clothes.
3. While bright and colourful clothing does uplift your mood and tranform your attitude, wearing too many bright colours together can look tacky and overdressed. Instead learn to mix and match colours for getting the best look. Neutrals can be worn with almost any colour without any colour clashing. Pair your muted neutral and pastel clothes with bright clothes or accessories to add that brilliant pop of colour. You can also keep it in the family and wear the pastels with pastels, solid colours with solid colours and jewel tones with jewel tones. The aim is to achieve a balance in your look.
4. Accessorising has always been underestimated by women and considered a waste of money even though they not only complement but can also make your whole look. Most desgners like Coco Chanel have recognised the growing importance of accessories. While the dress is undoubtedly important, it is the accessories that complete the look and express your style. These are the stuff that can be repeated and worn with completely different looks each time. Beautiful accessories have the power of transforming your basic outfit into a glamorous one.
5. Layering is the quintessential fashion strategy that you need to master in order to look your best especially during winters. Layering your clothes not only provides comfort and warmth but allows you to experiment with your look and utilise and rework all your outfits.